• 26907418_1326155074197983_8918804761641609691_n.jpg

Felícitas Sánchez Aguillón or Sánchez Neyra was a Mexican nurse, midwife, baby farmer and serial killer, who was active during the 1930s in Mexico City, who killed babies in her care. It is estimated that she murdered children in numbers ranging from between 40 and nearly a hundred. Her victims were aged from newborn to three years old. Typically she would poison or strangle the children, and according to some reports sometimes she would dismember a child while still living.

Felícitas's mother never loved her or showed her affection. Since childhood she showed a perverse behavior, habitually poisoning street dogs. During the 1900s, she graduated as a nurse and married Carlos Conde. She had twin daughters with him but didn't want to take care of them, and suggested to her husband that they give them up for adoption. He accepted this proposal, but after the daughters had been adopted, he changed his mind. However, Sánchez refused to tell him where their daughters were, which led to their divorce in 1910.

In that same year Sánchez moved to Mexico City. There, she lived in an apartment building and started to attend births and illegally practice abortions. She also began to trade in illegal adoptions. During the 1910s she was arrested twice for practicing those illegal adoptions and for baby farming.

As with many other baby farmers across the world, Felícitas would take money from the mother of a newborn, promising to use the funds to care for the child until they could be given an adopted home. The truth was, she would sell those she could rid herself of as quickly as possible, and if the child was not sold within a few days she would murder it.

She dismembered the bodies and incinerated them. Dosing the flesh with gasoline before throwing them in the large furnace she had installed for that very purpose, and in other cases she would flush the body parts down the toilet.

On April 8th 1941, human remains were discovered near her home. Three days later Felícitas Sánchez was arrested, along with two accomplices: her second husband Roberto or Alberto Covarrubías and a plumber, Salvador Martínez, who worked for Sánchez.

On July 16th 1941, before she could be tried for her crimnes, Felícitas Sánchez committed suicide. She and her second husband had a third daughter, who was placed in state care after her father was convicted for involvement in the murders.


This post has been shared 2 times.

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.